March 26, 2012 – Santa Barbara County, Ca.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Narcotics Detectives, pursuant to an ongoing investigation into the activities of a suspected Santa Maria area methamphetamine operation, served a search warrant on the night of Friday, March 16th that proved to be the key to multiple felony arrests.
According to Drew Sugars, SBSD Public Information Officer, one of the suspects targeted in the search warrant, 33 year-old Jesus Tobias, “is a known gang member who was on parole at the time of this contact”. Tobias has an impressive personal history of resisting arrest, felony evasion, methamphetamine possession, sales, and prior parole violations. When detectives served the warrant on a Cherry Avenue residence, they discovered two small children living in the home with apparent personal exposure to methamphetamine and assorted drug paraphernalia. Given those circumstances, detectives summoned Santa Barbara County Child Protective Services for removal from the residence.
During the ensuing search of the premises, “a series of visitors arrived at the house” Sugars reported to the media, “many of whom were in violation of the law.” While detectives conducted their search and interviews of the home’s residents, additional suspects dropped in to discover themselves in the middle of what had become a felony arrest “party” of sorts.
Among those arrested were:
- Victor Manuel Jaloma, 18, on charges of possession of a controlled substance.
- Sylvia Castillo, 36, on charges of being under the influence of a controlled substance and probation violation.
- Jesus Tobias, 33, on charges of grand theft auto and parole violation.
- Rocky Joseph Gonzales, 32, on charges of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Jessika Rene Zepeda, 23, on charges of grand theft auto, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and probation violation.
- Reyes Gonzales, 41, on charges of child endangerment, being under the influence of a controlled substance, and probation violation.
- Richard Alpacino Gonzales, 37, on charges of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Mirna Rodriguiez, 38, on charges of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- An unnamed juvenile, who was cited and released on charges of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Photos: courtesy Santa Barbara County Jail Booking
Santa Maria Times: Sheriff’s deputies arrest 9 in Orcutt
KCOY 12: Deputies Arrest Nine People In Orcutt Drug Raid