Photo: Gaede, Kellison and Hammeke
OROVILLE – In August of 2019 someone fired gunshots into a residence in Palermo. Although thankfully n0 one was injured during the incident, four bullets entered the residence and one of them entered a child’s bedroom.
After two weeks of investigation, detectives with the Butte County Sheriff’s Office named Jacob Gaede as the shooter. The gun used in the shooting was identified as one taken in a residential burglary in Berry Creek.
In all, two search warrants were served and a probation search was conducted at a third residence. The result of this unified effort was the confiscation of stolen firearms and other stolen property. The arrestees are –
- 30-year-old Tylor Kellison, arrested for assault likely to cause great bodily injury and felony vandalism;
- 42-year-old Jacob Gaede, arrested for shooting at an inhabited dwelling and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm and ammunition;
- 29-year-old Leighton Reed, arrested for being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm and ammunition and probation violation;
- 35-year-old John Hammeke, arrested for burglary and stolen property;
- 34-year-old Michael Barr, arrested for burglary, possession of stolen property and probation violation.