Santa Rosa Police: Three arrested after shooting at occupied vehicle with paintball gun
Photo: Santa Rosa Police Department
Originally published 2-9-21 via Nixle
by the Santa Rosa Police Department:
“On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 7:30pm, SRPD officers responded to the area of Mendocino Av and Pacific Av for an assault that just occurred.
A Honda Civic with three people, drove into the area and used a paintball gun and attempted to assault people and a dog. The victims were in their vehicle (a truck) and their dog was safely secured in the back. Their vehicle was struck several times with several paintballs, causing minor/reparable damage. There were several paintball markings near their beagle, who only had paint splatter on him. The dog was clearly shaken, but not physically injured.
While officers searched the area, a similar call came into SRPD Dispatch, in the area of Mendocino Av & Steele Lane. An employee outside one of the businesses was targeted by the suspects. One suspect rolled down a window, yelled at the employee and shot numerous paintballs at the victim. The paintballs only “grazed” the victim, but struck the business behind him. The victim was not injured.
Numerous officers canvassed the area, looking for the suspects. A short time later, officers located a vehicle in the area of Peterson Lane and Firwood Av that matched the suspect vehicle. Officers detained all three occupants. On scene, officers located numerous prescription pills, suspected methamphetamine, a scale and cash. Based on witness statements and evidence located, all three suspects were arrested
- Suspect #1: Brandon Miller, 26-year-old male and Santa Rosa resident
- Suspect #2: Paige Corley, 24-year-old female and Santa Rosa resident
- Suspect #3: Juvenile male (17) and Santa Rosa resident
All three suspects were arrested for the following charges:
- 597(a) PC – Felony Animal Cruelty
- 245(a)(1) PC – Felony Assault
- 23100(b) VC – Felony Throwing Something with Intent to Injury
- 182(a)(1) PC – Conspiracy to Commit a Crime
- 11351 HS – Possession of a Controlled Substance for Sales
- 11352(a) HS – Transportation of Narcotics
- Outstanding warrant (Brandon Miller Only)
Brandon Miller and Paige Corley were booked into the Sonoma County Jail. The juvenile was arrested/cited to his parents.”