Photo: Matthew Mello and Mario Bustamante
HOLLISTER – Two locals are now under arrest for gun and drug possession. The arrest occurred at 1:00 a.m.on October 4 near Loma Vista Drive and Valley View Road.
An officer approached the “suspicious vehicle.” That is when 20-year-old Matthew Mello got out and ran. The suspect successfuly jumped a few fences. Then the officer successfully apprehended Mello.
However, Mello did not go quietly and attempted to resist. The officer also retrieved items that Mello discarded as he ran.
Similarly, a backpack Mello discarded contained a handgun, ammunition,m drugs and packaging material.
Moreover, the other suspect, 21-year-old Mario Bustamante tried to unsuccessfully flee.
Mello’s charges are –
- possession of controlled substance while armed;
- felon in possession of a firearm;
- carrying a loaded weapon;
- carrying a concealed firearm;
- felon in possession of ammunition;
- possession of controlled substances;
- resisting arrest;
- and possessing drugs for sale.
Mello has a previous arrest on September 27, 2017 for possession
For his part, Bustamante’s charges are –
- transporting controlled substances;
- conspiracy to commit a crime;
- possessing controlled substances;
- transport and sales of controlled substances, among other charges.
Additionally, thanks go out to the citizen who called the HPD concerning the suspicious vehicle