Photo: Tyler Ross
SAN FRANCISCO – 7 graffiti artists faced the music for their property crimes last Thursday.
District Attorney George Gascon asserted that “vandalism costs the city over $20 million per year.” In addition, “small business owners pay $3,370 to remove a single incident of vandalism, says the SFPD press release.
The artistic arrestees are –
- Tyler Ross, 27 years old, 29 counts, Bart Simpson heads;
- Jorge Coya, 38 years old, 26 counts, mostly in Chinatown and North Beach;
- Connor Chavela, 19 years old, 9 counts;
- Omar Clerkin, 24 years old, 1 count;
- Carlos Cruz, 25 years old, 1 count;
- Avery Sizelove, 23 years old, 1 count;
- and Tristan Gladstein, who has a bench warrant for his arrest.
Chief William Scott added, “Our success in holding prolific vandals accountable is dependent upon the SFPD working in partnership with the SF District Attorney’s Office.”
Ross has painted various Bart Simpson likenesses.
Of course the case remains open for further investigation. You can contact the SFPD anonymous tip line at 415-575-4444. Also, text TIP411 with “SFPD” at the start of the message.