SJPD respond to a disturbance call 45-minutes later

SJPD respond to a disturbance call 45-minutes later

SAN JOSE – Last night, Sept 4, a 24-year-old white male, Jacob Jorge Davis, was arrested by SJPD officers after a 2-hour standoff. It was first reported to police about a tenant who was screaming and yelling and breaking things in his room and garage. The SJPD police responded 45 minutes later, only to find things had escalated into assault, damage to neighboring property, and reckless endangerment of others.

Davis lived just two years in a small rented room at a home on the 5300 block of Great Oaks Drive. His mother also lives just 5 houses down from where he was staying. The landlord said, “He was so quiet and polite”. He would always say, “Good morning, how are you” and “thank you”. He never showed anything out of the ordinary, she said. Family members at the residence said, “I never would have imagined this from him”.

Before the escalation, the landlord had called the police and his mother to come and try and calm Davis after he became erratic and uncontrollable. However, after entering the residence, his mother was unable to stop him from destroying his personal property, furniture and windows inside the home. That is when the mother called police and told officers that her son had become violent. Police then responded to her call pleading for officers to help.

According to SJPD Press Information Officer Morales, officers responded to a report of a male with a possible mental illness destroying property at a residence in the area. As officers were talking to the reporting person, Davis began to break out all the windows in the garage. Officers observed the suspect with a blunt object that had a pointed end. He proceeded to pick up various objects and throw them in the direction of the officers. In response, officers discharged less lethal projectiles at him in the form or rubber bullets. He retreated to the backyard, and moments later the officers observed Davis on the roof of a residence nearby.

Davis failed to comply with commands to come down from the roof. He began to run from rooftop to rooftop. After a few minutes of this, he apparently got tired and came down, and was taken into custody without further incident. Davis was transported to the hospital for medical treatment and evaluation. While at the hospital, he admitted that he was trying to get police to kill him. Jacob Davis was booked into the Santa Clara County Jail for Assault with a Deadly Weapon on an Officer and Vandalism. The next court date has been scheduled for Sept 9, 2014 at 1:30 PM.

Photos: Amy Nilson

Read More:

CrimeVoice: 911 Disturbance call turns into a game of cat and mouse

SJPD respond to a disturbance call 45-minutes later was last modified: September 9th, 2014 by admin
Categories: Santa Clara