Photo: Daniel Alexichduran
Chico – the Chico Police Department has a Street Crimes Unit whose mission it is “to detect, deter, and disrupt street level criminal activity associated with violent crime.”
In one recent week these ten arrests occurred as a result of the CPD’s policing –
- Daniel Alexichduran, arrested for possessing two punds of meth;
- Joshua Boles and Rocky Shelton, arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia. In addition, Shelton was arrested for possession of tear gas by a felon. Inside their vehicle was a machete and replica firearm;
- Chad Brown, arrested for the possession of approximately one ounce of methamphetamine for sale, transportation of methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Daniel Balduck and Hydee Nystrom, arrested for the possession of controlled substance for sale and the transportation of controlled substance. Also, Nystrom was charged with the possession of drug paraphernalia. Authorities found $872 in cash and 33 grams of meth.
- James Lang, arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Christopher Hill, arrested for the possession of cocaine, possession of methamphetamine, and driving on a suspended license.
- Eddie Love, arrested for 6 outstanding warrants.
- Katie Robinson, arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
In their press release, the Chico PD added, “Due to California’s current zero-bail status for most misdemeanor and “low-level” felony crimes the above offenders have all been released back into the community on a promise to appear in Court at a future date. “