SAN MATEO – On June 23rd a shooting occurred in the 500 block of S. Norfolk street, stemming from a disturbance at Club Shoreview.
In spite of dozens of shots being fired, only one person received a minor injury in the shooting.
Over a month later, on July 25th, detectives with the San Mateo Police Department and the S.W.A.T. team served four search warrants and seven arrest warrants across the state.
The seven suspects were in Alameda, Orange, San Joaquin and San Mateo counties and taken into custody that day. The first four, all from Oakland and facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy, are:
- 18-year-old Oakland resident Adrian Halatoa;
- 19-year-old Oakland resident Gary Tuione;
- 21-year-old Sela Kioa;
- 24-year-old William Halatoa.
The other three suspects are –
- 27-year-old Cypress resident Floyd Tuione, facing charges of three counts of conspiracy to commit murder, assault with a semiautomatic firearm, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, felon in possession of a firearm and conspiracy;
- 27-year-old Oakland resident Halaholo Halatoa, facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy, negligent discharge of a firearm, assault with a semiautomatic firearm, felon in possession of a firearm and parole violation;
- 29-year-old Oakland resident Tonga Moa, facing charges of two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy.