Photo: Thomas DeMarco, Jered Potts and Jessica Jenkins
CHICO – Fourteen people were arrested in Chico during the week ending on June 29th. The Chico Police Department Street Crimes D Unit continued to lead the operation that has so far resulted in 82 total arrests.
Four illegally possessed firearms and a large amount of illegal drugs were also confiscated.
The CPD reminded the public that “the mission of this Street Crimes “D” Unit is to impact the street level crime that affects the quality of life in this community.”
Some of the crimes that the Unit have targeted include robbery, burglary, gun and drug offenses.
Some of the most recent arrestees include:
- 26-year-old Thomas DeMarco arrested for drug possession and parole violation;
- 41-year-old Jered Potts arrested for drug possession and felony probation;
- 29-year-old Jessica Jenkins arrested for an outstanding warrant on a drug possession charge;
- 46-year-old Jose Mata arrested for an outstanding warrant and parole violation;
- 53-year-old James Jewkes arrested for drug possession.