Photo: Brunner’s seized gun
LAKEPORT- As crews try to tame various fires, law enforcement patrols the evacuated area in order to keep the peace.
On July 29 a Clearlake officer patrolled the area. He was assisting Lakeport PD and the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.
the officer conducted a traffic stop at 11:00 a.m. on a vehicle as it drove in the evacuated area. 32-year-old Gregory Brunner drove on a suspended licence.
But that was not all. As the officer searched the vehicle he discovered a loaded Glock 9mm handgun. There was no legible serial number on the gun
In addition, Brunner is a convicted felon and not permitted to possess a firearm. Therefore his charges are –
- felon in possession of a firearm;
- felon in possession of ammunition;
- possession of a concealed firearm;
- possession of a loaded firearm in public;
- altering a firearms serial number
- entering a closed disaster area.