Palm Desert Burglary Suppression Unit Arrests Seven Suspects This Month
RANCHO MIRAGE – Two concurrent investigations looking into multiple burglaries netted the arrest of seven suspects.
A residential robbery of electronics that occurred near the 34000 block of Mission Hills Drive in Rancho Mirage was turned over to the Palm Desert Station Burglary Suppression Unit in November. During the investigation the team identified a suspect.
On November 24, 2015, the investigation also revealed the suspect conspired with family members to falsely report a stolen vehicle from a local area business parking lot in the city of Palm Desert.
According to a press release from the Riverside Sheriff’s Department, on December 10, 2015, a property-related search warrant relating to the case was served near the 100 block of Via San Lucia, Rancho Mirage.
During the search, authorities found the homeowners stolen property, narcotics, and a subject wanted for a local arrest warrant. The location of the recovered stolen vehicle was also obtained in addition to facts pertaining to the insurance fraud conspiracy.
At this time Anthony Arthur, 31 of Rancho Mirage was arrested for burglary, possession of stolen property, narcotics possession, conspiracy, and insurance fraud. Lauren Haney, 27 of Rancho Mirage was also arrested for a misdemeanor theft warrant.
This was the second arrest of robbery suspects this month.
Another investigation relating to several residential burglaries occurring within the city of Rancho Mirage identified several suspects and the following were arrested:
- Daniel Champion, 23 of Palm Springs – residential burglary and conspiracy
- Jose Hernandez, 32 of Cathedral City – residential burglary, possession of stolen property, conspiracy, possession of methamphetamine, and violation of probation
- Gregorio Viramontes, 41 of Cathedral City, – possession of a controlled substance for sale and child endangerment
- Carlos Iniesta, 35 of Cathedral City – residential burglary, conspiracy, and a parole violation
- Juan Ramirez, 32 of Rancho Mirage, – possession of a controlled substance for sales, possession of a controlled substance while in possession of a firearm, and violation of probation
All suspects were booked into the Riverside County jail, located in the city of Indio.