SAN BERNARDINO – San Bernardino County Sheriff’s investigators arrested a 37-year-old man suspected for committing sex acts against children.
Investigators said that Armando Gamez-Lopez, of San Bernardino, may have committed more crimes than the three juvenile authorities have already identified as victims. On Monday, court officials said Gamez-Lopez is scheduled to appear in court next month.
Shortly before 9 p.m. on Sept. 25, Deputy Bernabe Ortiz responded to a residence on the 2300 block of West Ogden Avenue, seeking more information about reports of sex against a child. Initial investigation by Ortiz revealed that Gamez-Lopez had been responsible for several related crimes, and also discovered two additional juvenile victims.
Gamez-Lopez, who was not at the location during Ortiz’s initial investigation at West Ogden Avenue, was soon located and arrested without incident, according to reports. He was taken to the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga, held on a $250,000 bond. Gamez-Lopez is facing charges of lewd and lascivious acts upon a child under the age of 14, and also a charge of sexual assault on an animal, according to court documents.
Authorities do not reveal names of the underage victims, nor did they reveal how Gamez-Lopez was connected to them, or gained access to them while committing the alleged crimes.
Deputies, including Ortiz and Detective Ken Marshall, said there may be additional victims related to this investigation, and are seeking others to step forward. Since his arrest, Gamez-Lopez has appeared in Superior Court, facing charges. His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 18, according to court documents.