San Bernardino Shooting Claims 25th Victim of 2013

SAN BERNARDINO – Police believe a 20-year-old who was shot and killed early Sunday morning might have been involved in argument shortly before the shooting.

Baseline Street, approximate location of incident

Shots rang out at the intersection of Baseline and H Street, east of Interstate 215, shortly before 1 a.m. Police said the victim, William Alejandro Mendoza, was waiting for a light to change at the intersection.

Sgt. Gary Robertson said, “A white car stopped and opened fire, striking [the victim] in his car. There’s a possibility he was involved in an argument shortly before the shooting. It could have been over money, a car, and the fixing up and selling of cars.”

Police say the victim, who was not immediately identified pending the notification of family, was believed to be a San Bernardino resident. He was the 25th homicide victim in 2013, according to reports.

The county coroner said he died at 1:30 a.m. at San Bernardino Community Hospital, where he was taken after the shooting.

Robertson said the victim and a friend had been together a short time prior to the shooting, “but were in separate cars.” He said the friend was still in the area at the time of the shooting.
Investigators are still seeking the shooter, but have yet to get a detailed description of the car or the killer within.

Although San Bernardino is a city fraught with reported gang-related incidents, Robertson does not believe that to be the case here.

Read more:

Inland SoCal: SAN BERNARDINO: Red-light shooting marks 25th slaying of year

San Bernardino Shooting Claims 25th Victim of 2013 was last modified: January 14th, 2019 by admin
Categories: San Bernardino
Tags: murder, shooting