Mendocino County man arrested after allegedly firing rifle in the direction of other homes

Mendocino County man arrested after allegedly firing rifle in the direction of other homes
Above: Rifle confiscated from Taylor-Lopez’s home | Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office

A Mendocino County man has been arrested on suspicion of the negligent discharge of a firearm.

Just before 1 AM on October 21, deputies responded to a property on the 2600 block of Mitomka Way in Willits to investigate reports of gunfire in the area.

Upon deputies’ arrival, a witness reportedly told them that 30-year-old Carlos Taylor-Lopez had been standing in his yard and firing rounds in the direction of other homes. The deputies also found both a life and a spent rifle cartridge in the driveway, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Deputies then knocked on the front door and were allowed into the home by Taylor-Lopez’s family, but Taylor-Lopez himself would not come out of his bedroom.

Deputies eventually left the residence and obtained a search warrant. Around 5 that afternoon, they intercepted Taylor-Lopez as he was being driven to work and this time took him into custody. A later search of his bedroom turned up a rifle and ammunition, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Taylor-Lopez was ultimately booked at the Mendocino County jail on $15,000 bond.

Mendocino County man arrested after allegedly firing rifle in the direction of other homes was last modified: November 1st, 2021 by admin
Categories: Mendocino

Write a Comment

<

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.