Tips to help prevent mail theft from Napa County Sheriff’s Office
The Napa County Sheriff’s Office sent out this helpful reminder about ways to combat mail theft.
“TIPS TO HELP PREVENT MAIL THEFT
This week we have received multiple calls regarding mail theft in Napa County. Here are 5 tips to help prevent mail theft —
– If possible lock your mail box.
– Deposit outgoing mail directly to the post office attendant
or a mailbox at a secured location
– Consider direct deposit rather than receiving checks in the
– Place a vacation hold on all mail when leaving for an
extended period of time from your residence.
– Empty your mail box every day. Do not leave mail
overnight in your mailbox.”