BUTTE COUNTY — The Butte County Sheriff’s Office has announced the arrest of nine individuals following a drug trafficking investigation into a property on the 14000 block of Skyway in Magalia.
On October 10, detectives with the Felony Investigations Unit, along with Designated Area deputies and Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force officials, served a search warrant at the property and uncovered, among other things, approximately 3/4 a pound of methamphetamine packaged for sale, a firearm, ammunition, and drug paraphernalia.
Twelve adults and one child were also found at the scene.
Given the condition of the property, Child Protective Services were also called.
Of the twelve other individuals, the following were arrested:
- Terrence Wharton (67); suspicion of possession of methamphetamine for sale, possession of ammunition by a prohibited person, maintaining a residence where narcotics were sold, and managing a property where narcotics were sold
- Chad Wharton (41); felony child endangerment, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of narcotics paraphernalia
- James Mahoneythurman (28); prohibited person in possession of a firearm and ammunition
- Jessica Williams (45); possession of methamphetamine for sale and possession of narcotic paraphernalia
- Brent Neville (33); felony arrest warrant
- Donald Brewer (59); possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic paraphernalia
- Kimberly Thompson (52); possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic paraphernalia
- Jessica Joyce (30); possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic paraphernalia
- Brandon Seaton (23); possession of narcotic paraphernalia
All suspects are residents of Magalia.