59-year-old Man Is Now Behind Bars After Sexually Assaulting 15-year-old Boy
Photo: Michael Komoto
Santa Ana – A 15-year-old boy was sexually assaulted last week by a 59-year-old man he met on Grindr, an app geared toward the LGBTQ community.
On Sunday, April 14, suspect Michael Komoto picked up the boy near his home and drove him to his business at in the 1300 block of East Edinger Avenue. Komoto had told the boy he would take him shopping if he agreed to “make out” with him first. Once they arrived at the business, Komoto “engaged in sex acts with the minor victim.”
Komoto then drove the boy to the South Coast Plaza to go shopping, where the teen messaged his friend and said he “was scared of the suspect,” the police statement read. His friend subsequently picked him up from the shopping center and reported Komoto to the Santa Ana Police.
Komoto was arrested four days later at his business and faces charges for engaging in sex acts with a minor. He was given a bail of $100,000.
The Santa Ana Police Department has reason to believe there may be more victims. If you have more information regarding this case or the suspect involved, please contact Detective Julio Gallardo at (714) 2458378, email@example.com or Orange County Crime Stoppers at 1855-TIP-OCCS.