Photo: Antonio Chavez
PORTERVILLE – Porterville deputies recently found more than they expected.
In the first place, the Substation Deputies thought they were locating and arresting one suspect on July 25. That is when they drove to the 600 block of East River Avenue.
But as they pulled up to the residence, several subjects at the home ran away from them. The evaders detained, deputies soon found the reason for the escape attempt. Due to open sheds on the property, deputies saw the narcotic packages inside.
Tulare Area Gang and Narcotics Enforcement Team of the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office carried out a search warrant.
A thorough search of the property uncovered –
- a little over a quarter pound of methamphetamine;
- 25 ounces of processed marijuana;
- 1.7 pounds of unprocessed marijuana;
- drug paraphernalia;
- a sawed off shotgun;
- and other items associated with narcotics sales.
Two people were arrested at the scene –
- Antonio Chavez, 37, for the above mentioned narcotics bust;
- the original suspect Gloria Aragon, 47, for charges unrelated to the narcotics found on the property.