Burglars Who Stole Thousands of Dollars’ Worth of Cigarettes Remain Uncaptured
The burglars’ strategy remains similar, as does their stolen merchandise. In each case, they break in after hours to steal thousands of dollars’ worth of cigarettes.
Detectives believe there is a connection between at least five of the burglaries. The burglaries span from April 27th to July 3rd, targeting convenience stores all over Tulare County.
The following is a brief description of each incident:
- 04/27/2018, 2:29AM, Dollar General Store in Pixley: $3250 worth of cigarettes taken.
- 04/30/2018, 12:34AM, Doc’s Corner in Tulare: $1300 worth of cigarettes stolen. Burglars attempted to steal cash from the register.
- 06/15/2018, 3AM, Chevron at 36005 Hwy 99 in Traver: $8640 worth of cigarettes stolen. Burglars try again to steal money from the register. Surveillance cameras capture a getaway vehicle: a white or light colored Honda, with tinted windows, heading Northbound on Diagonal 39.
- 06/28/2018, 2:54AM, Red Barn at 29615 Road 136 in Exeter: $3000 worth of cigarettes stolen. The suspects flee in a gray, possibly silver, Nissan featuring a vertical sunroof. Hanging from the car’s rear-view mirror is a disabled placard.
- 07/03/2018, 4:01AM: Returned to the Chevron in Traver to steal an additional $6700 worth of cigarettes. The vehicle caught on surveillance footage this time was a maroon colored sedan, possibly a Honda.
Detectives are reaching out to the public for information which may lead to the capture of the suspects. Tips can be communicated with the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office at 559-733-6211 or TipNow at 559-725-4194 (email@example.com).