Tulare County Sheriff’s Gang Suppression Efforts Make Nine Separate Arrests
Photo: Olegario Ruvalcaba
TULARE – Detectives from Tulare Area Gang and Narcotics Enforcement Team made nine separate arrests this weekend.
This was an effort to lower gang activity in the communities that make up the southern part of Tulare County. It includes Tipton, Earlimart, Alpaugh, and Pixley.
The operation included traffic stops, field interviews, serving search warrants, and following up with probation/parole contacts.
Alpaugh arrestees and their charges include –
- Olegario Ruvalcaba, 36 – possession of a controlled substance and possession of a loaded firearm while under the influence of a controlled substance;
- Jorge Alcazar, 38 – possession of ammunition by a convicted felon.
Similarly, Earlimart arrestees and their charges include –
- Manuel Martinez, 20 – possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle;
- Walter Arvizu, 40 – detained for an outstanding warrant for possession of a controlled substance;
- Juan Hernandez, 29 – resisting arrest and possession of a controlled substance;
- Armando Ayon, 41 – possession of a controlled substance.
In addition, 31-year old Jose Castellanos of Pixley and 40-year old Porterville resident, Joaquin Espino face charges for possession of a controlled substance
Lastly, authorities detained Ricardo Valdivia, 36, of Tipon, for driving without a license.
You can report gang activity and may do so anonymously by calling or texting 559-725-4194. You can also email the TipNow Program at TCSO@ TIPNOW.COM.