Photo: father and son
HOLLISTER – The HPD announced that eight suspects were arrested on May 29 at 29 Hawkins Street. First of all, it began at 11:00 pm and a call concerning a suspect with a gun.
Responding officers saw individuals drinking and smoking marijuana in the open garage. Due to police presence, some individuals ran into the house, one holding a firearm as he ran inside.
With some obstruction, officers got through and searched for those who fled. Two hid in a closet. They also found handguns, and a 3-year-old,
in the house.
Promptly securing a search warrant, officers consequently discovered other nefarious activity at the house. First of all, it started with a butane honey oil lab, 2 handguns, meth, concentrated cannabis and prescription pills. The lab was “safely disabled.”
The arrested and their charges are –
- Juan Manual Vasquez Jr (43) – child endangerment, manufacturing a controlled substance, felon in possession of a firearm and other charges;
- Juan Manual Vasquez III (19) – willful cruelty to a child and two warrants;
- Elizabeth Vasquez (44) – willful cruelty to a child;
- Elizabeth Vasquez (20) – willful cruelty to a child;
- Christopher Houg (21) – child endangerment and obstructing officers;
- Michael Barrientos (19) – child endangerment and obstructing officers;
- Pedro Lira-Padilla (23) – willful cruelty to a child, obstructing officers, carrying a loaded firearm;
- Darius Parks (19) – child endangerment, obstructing officers, possession of a firearm.
The HPD says, “Anyone having information on this case can call Officer Masso at the Hollister Police Department at 636-4330. Persons wishing to remain anonymous can call the WeTip Hotline at 800-78-CRIME. Information provided to WeTip may qualify for a reward.”