SAN BERNARDINO – Police are still searching for a suspect and a motive in a shooting that killed one man and wounded three others late Saturday night.
Mitchell Wayne Davis, Jr., 23, of Rialto, was shot in the upper torso, taken to a local hospital where he died a short time after the 10:46 p.m. shooting. The shooting took place at the corner on the 2800 block of West Victoria St., said police spokesman, Sgt. Gary Robertson. The victims were repairing a car on the street when a four-door black Honda, about a 2004 or 2005 model, drove past the location. “Someone from within that car fired a weapon at the victims,” said Robertson, “striking (all of) them.”
The Honda was last seen going east on Victoria St., likely heading for Foothill Blvd., a high-traffic route that would be easy for a driver to disappear into with its steady stream of other cars. An investigation led by Detective John Munoz reported that police responded to the shooting, discovering that four men had been shot. Davis was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in neighboring Colton, which is a short drive from the shooting scene.
The other three shooting victims, unidentified by police, range in ages between 21 and 46 years of age. They were taken to two local hospitals for treatment and “are expected to survive,” said Robertson. “The investigation showed the victims knew each other,” said Robertson, who reported no known motive has yet been determined.
The shooting scene, which is a residential area, was in a spot close to boundaries including San Bernardino, Colton and Rialto.
The Sun: SB drive-by shooting kills one