A total of eight suspects were arrested in two separate incidences in early April, both involving illegal drugs, according to an official report.
Between April 2 and April 8, 2014, officers reportedly responded several times to reports of suspicious activity occurring in a house in the 1500 block of East Colonial Parkway. During this time, officers reportedly arrested seven suspects either living in or connected to the home on a variety of charges, including suspicion of possessing illegal drugs and paraphernalia, possessing a stolen vehicle from Oregon, and burglarizing the vacant home next door.
Those arrested reportedly included:
- Tracy Dawn McLaughlin, 52, of Roseville, charged with various drug charges
- Paul Michael Hartman, 24, of Roseville, charged with various drug charges
- Steven Thomas Wallace, 40, of Roseville, charged with vehicle theft/possession of stolen vehicle (vehicle stolen from Medford, Oregon)
- Regina Renee Goodman, 43, of Roseville, charged with drug charges and a Placer County bench warrant for driving while suspended
- Cody Lee Shermantine, 23, of Citrus Heights, arrested on suspicion of burglary and conspiracy (burglary of vacant house next door)
- PJ Donovan Timmons, 24, of Citrus Heights, arrested on suspicion of burglary and conspiracy (burglary of vacant house next door)
Most of those arrested have been through similar circumstances before. Tracy McLaughlin was arrested in November and March on various drug related charges. Paul Hartman has been arrested four times in recent months, including an incident in February when he was charged with vandalism and reckless driving, in addition to drug charges all four times.
In August of 2012, Regina Goodman and Steven Wallace were arrested with two other men for burglary in Jackson, down in Amador County. Goodman had another misdemeanor warrant at that time, and Wallace was a convicted felon possessing ammunition. Cody Shermantine was arrested in September while he and a friend were stranded in their car at Cache Creek Casino in Yolo County. While giving them aid, sheriff’s deputies found methamphetamine, paraphernalia, and 16 pounds of marijuana. He was charged with possession, transportation, and possession of sale of narcotics. He was arrested again in March by Roseville Police on drug charges.
PJ Timmons was arrested in September for a domestic violence charge, along with a probation violation and violating a court order. He was arrested again in March on similar charges.
In the other recent incident, on April 4, 2014, at 1:18 am, officers reportedly responded to a report of males fighting in Coconut Alley. The men reportedly ran off when officers arrived, but investigating one of the males involved in the fight reportedly led officers to conduct a probation search of a house in the 100 block of Circuit Drive in the Roseville Heights neighborhood. There officers reportedly found evidence of marijuana sales and the manufacture of concentrated cannabis.
Officers reportedly arrested Alaric James Rocha, 20, of Rocklin and Bobby Douglas Chavez, 22, of Roseville on suspicion of maintaining a drug house and other related charges. Rocha was previously arrested in March on drug and probation violation charges, and Chavez had a reckless driving arrest in October.