Santa Rosa man accused of multiple residential burglaries, sexual assault

Santa Rosa man accused of multiple residential burglaries, sexual assault
Above: Still image from home surveillance video of burglary suspect | Santa Rosa PD

Santa Rosa police have announced the arrest of a man on suspicion of sexual assault as well as multiple residential burglaries.

29-year-old Ezequiel Gomez Francisco of Santa Rosa has been identified as the primary suspect in several recent alleged burglaries, during one of which he is accused of sexually assaulting a woman while she slept.

In that incident, in the early morning hours of February 1, the suspect allegedly entered the victim’s home on the 1500 block of Sendero Lane, went into her bedroom, and touched her in a sexual manner. The victim was able to fight him off and he fled the home, police said.

As detectives began investigating and piecing together evidence, they began to suspect that the same individual was responsible for at least twelve other residential burglaries on Sendero Lane between December 2021 and February 2022. Police have also said that, so far, they have identified only one alleged incident of sexual assault.

Finally, on the evening of February 22, detectives zeroed in on the suspect’s possible residence — also on Sendero Lane. The suspect, ultimately identified as Gomez Francisco, was located and arrested. Investigators then drafted and served a search warrant at Francisco’s home, reportedly locating additional evidence tying him to some of the burglaries.

Gomez Francisco was booked at the Sonoma County Jail on suspicion of felony assault with the intent to sexually assault during a burglary and four counts of felony residential burglary, with bail set at $1 million.

Santa Rosa man accused of multiple residential burglaries, sexual assault was last modified: March 10th, 2022 by admin
Categories: Sonoma