Photo: confiscated drugs
KERN – Various law enforcement organizations combined to arrest three people dealing meth, Oxycodone, Fentanyl and cocaine.
In the first place, it went down on October 15 near Garden State Highway and Woollomes Avenue. In addition, authorities arrested another suspect in the 200 block of Road 152 in Delano.
The total take –
- over 40 pounds of suspected methamphetamine;
- approximately 1,000 counterfeit Oxycodone pills produced with Fentanyl;
- a quarter pound of cocaine;
- two stolen semi-auto handguns;
- and 5.56 armor piercing ammunition.
Their charges are –
- possession of a controlled substance for sales,;
- transportation of a controlled substance for sales;
- transportation of a controlled narcotic for sales;
- maintaining a place for the purpose of sales;
- possession of a controlled substance while armed with a firearm;
- possession of a stolen firearm;
- and conspiracy.
The charges against Luis Antonio Barreto (23) are conspiracy, possession, and transportation of a controlled narcotic for sales. The estimated street value of the narcotics seized is $377,200.
Finally, the agencies invovled in the operation included –
- Kern County Sheriff’s Office Southern Tri-County High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (STC-HIDTA)
- Homeland Security Investigations;
- Drug Enforcement Agency;
- and California Fish and Wildlife.