Rap Artist Tory Lanez Charged – Felony Assault with a Semiautomatic
HOLLYWOOD HILLS – An argument between four adult individuals driving in the Hills turned felonious
when gunshots rang out. According to music-award-winning rapper Megan Thee Stallion, the tides
allegedly turned when the Houston native got out of the SUV during the arguing session.
According to her Instagram video statement, “LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsz_9lkcsEY
:”Megan Thee Stallion Admits #ToryLanez SHOT Her on IG Live” – as she exited through the passenger
front door, Tory shot at her feet through the rear door’s window.
Responding to the July 12th “Shots-Fired” call, LAPD Hollywood Division arrived and surrounded the
scene – which included a helicopter hovering overhead. At that time, the victim Megan Pete (25) aka
Megan Thee Stallion has since admitted to keeping silent out of fear.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced, ‘The rap artist known as Tory Lanez has
been charged with assaulting a female friend in the Hollywood Hills earlier this year. Daystar Peterson
aka Tory Lanez (dob 7/27/92) was charged 10/08/2020 in case BA490599 with one felony count each of
assault with semiautomatic firearm – personal use of a firearm – and carrying a loaded, unregistered
firearm in a vehicle,” said Greg Risling in early October.
“The defendant also faces a gun allegation and that he personally inflicted great bodily injury. Deputy
District Attorney Kathy Ta of the Family Violence Division is prosecuting the case. Peterson is accused of
shooting several times at her feet and wounding her,” said Risling. “If convicted as charged, the
defendant faces a possible maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in state prison.”
At a recent court hearing by phone, Rapper Tory Lanez answered affirmatively to the judge’s questions
and entered no plea. He was ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Megan Thee Stallion, have no
contact with her, and to surrender any guns owned by him. His bail was raised from $35K to $190K.
The victim spoke Tuesday in a New York Times opinion piece, titled, “Megan Thee Stallion: Why I Speak Up for Black Women.” https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/13/opinion/megan-thee-stallion-black-
women.html expresses the rapper’s thoughts regarding her recent injurious events, image control, and elected Black females.
The singer-songwriter, actress, philanthropist, and entrepreneur wrote in her opinion piece that she and
Lanez were not in a romantic relationship and that her “initial silence about what happened was out of
fear for myself and my friends. Truthfully, I was shocked that I ended up in that place.”
“Even as a victim, I have been met with skepticism and judgment,” she wrote. “The way people have
publicly questioned and debated whether I played a role in my own violent assault proves that my fears
about discussing what happened were, unfortunately, warranted.”
Lanez’s arraignment was postponed to Nov. 18th, as the case remains under investigation by the Los
Angeles Police Department, Hollywood Division.