4-Year-Old Boy Dies from Ingesting Controlled Substance, Stepfather Arrested
Photo: Liogan Pittman
An Apple Valley stepfather was arrested on child endangerment charges after his 4-year-old child died from ingesting a controlled substance.
Apple Valley police deputies were called out to St. Mary Medical Center at about 10:45 AM on Thursday, July 23, 2020, after the child had been brought into the emergency room.
The child, identified as 4-year-old Logan Alan Pittman, was unconscious and unresponsive. “Despite life-saving measures performed by medical staff for over an hour, the child was pronounced deceased,” according to the release. “Deputies learned that the child had ingested a controlled substance prior to being taken to the hospital.”
Detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division – Homicide Detail assumed the investigation. The boy’s stepfather, 31-year-old Anthony Edward Williams, was named as the suspect. Williams was interviewed and subsequently arrested at his residence, located in the 21000 block Laguna in Apple Valley.
Williams was booked and charged with for child endangerment likely to result in great bodily injury or death.
This is an ongoing investigation, and no other information is being released at this time, according to the release. Anyone with additional information is requested to contact Detective Max Kunzman, Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589. Anyone can leave an anonymous tip by contacting WeTip at at 800-78CRIME or www.wetip.com.