Man Arrested in South Natomas Fatal Shooting

Man Arrested in South Natomas Fatal Shooting

SACRAMENTO – A 31-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of Dale Botta, 44, at a South Natomas home on Tuesday morning, November 4.

Donald Chapman, of Roseville, was taken into custody without incident on Wednesday in Vallejo and booked into Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of murder.

Police responded to a report of shots being fired at approximately 3:38 a.m. on Tuesday on the 100 block of Saginaw Circle near Natomas High School. They arrived to find Botta inside the residence with multiple gunshot wounds. Sacramento Fire Department personnel also responded and pronounced Botta dead at the scene.

Victim Dale Botta (Image Facebook)

Victim Dale Botta (Image Facebook)

Detectives soon discovered that the shooting was not a random act and that the suspect was known to Botta, and had left the scene immediately after the shooting. Police said an argument between Botta and Chapman apparently escalated and resulted in the fatal shooting.

Chapman had been arrested just a week prior, on October 29, for charges of possession and possession for sale of a controlled substance, being an felon in possession of a firearm, and carrying a concealed weapon. He was charged in Sacramento. He was also arrested in December 2013 for possession of a narcotic controlled substance.

Botta's three children, image from GiveForward.com

Botta’s three children, image from GiveForward.com

Dale Botta’s wife has set up a fundraising site to benefit her and her late husband’s three children. On that site, she posted the message “On 11-4-14 my husband Dale Botta was shot and killed when he tried to be a good person and help another human being to get to a safe place. These three beautiful children lost their father Dale Botta to a senseless act of violence when he tried to help a female domestic violence victim and he was shot and killed on Nov. 4 2014, please to raise money for these babies to start their trust fund and also to help their mommy lay their daddy to rest with dignity & peace.

Give Forward – Dale Botta’s Babies

Man Arrested in South Natomas Fatal Shooting was last modified: January 14th, 2019 by admin
Categories: Sacramento

Comments

1. Eileen Taylor
    Eileen Taylor 7 November, 2014, 22:06

As was stated, Dale was kind, respectful and there when a helping hand was needed. Dale was the kind of person who would bring peace, to talk out an issue. violence, was not part of his persona. My heart goes out to his family, and most importantly, the babies robbed of their daddy, over a senseless , extremely shocking, and tragic killing. And my respect to law enforcement, who have to deal with all our tragedies on a daily basis.

Reply this comment
  2. serina
    serina 10 November, 2014, 21:20

Dale was a father to me. He was there when I started walking and Im 19in a month WHENEVER I needed Dale he was there no matter what the situation he was one man I trusted through out my life he always had a way of making me laugh when I was at my worst I called him dad because he was honestly there for me more than my real father he loved my daughter n called her mini me, I was strung out on drugs and in the streets and he would be right there telling me to get my butt to rehab and get clean for my daughter and I would just say yeah I know dad, I don’t know why someone would want to take out such a good man!
    I LOVE YOU DAD! You’ll always be in my heart&prayers

Reply this comment
  3. Eileen Taylor
    Eileen Taylor 15 November, 2014, 11:26

Serena, I had forgotten, my apologies, that you too were Dales babe. I hope that you did take your dads advise, and get away from the drugs. Your dad was for 11 or so years a great part of our family. he was a good man, and I pray ALL the players in his demise, meet their maker, dying behind a prison wall
    Dale did not deserve to be executed, period. I pray that all of his children reflect that of their fathers nature, have a good heart as he, and live good productive lives. remember, your dad is still watchful

Reply this comment
  4. brandiee
    brandiee 29 November, 2014, 06:51

Dale’s been a very big part of my life for the past 11 yrs i’d give anything just to see his smile or not twinkle he’d get in his eye by me hella ing in one of my moods. It didnt matter what time day
    or night id call him
    If needed him he was there, this last year we got closer than we ever had we barely went a day without some kind of contact, there isn’t a word I could think of that could really describe what we meant to each other, my world feels empty and alone without him I know he’s still by my side laughing and making his dumb little comments every chance he gets but that’s ok because I know at the end of the day how much he loved and cared for me and I know when its my time he’ll be there waiting with his beautiful blue eyes and warm smile ready to carry on together like we planned for so long but was suddenly taken away. I love u like no other, and i miss u so very much , u r and always will b my everything, ill never forget, and I promise ull never b replaced. Love always ur brandikinn cuz if nobody can the brandikinn can lol

Reply this comment
  5. scott
    scott 20 December, 2014, 18:58

death penalty for all murders that are not self defence,always , no reason to kill except self defence, of your self and your family.scott n

Reply this comment
  6. scott
    scott 21 December, 2014, 17:10

murder death penalty scott n

Reply this comment

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*