Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Fatal Shooting

Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Fatal Shooting

SAN BERNARDINO – Police said a suspect has admitted to shooting and killing his ex-girlfriend while she worked at a pizza restaurant on Wednesday.

Pedro Enrique Duquesne, 55, confronted Nelly Chi Salazar-Kantun, the manager of the Domino’s Pizza Restaurant on the 1600 block of East Highland Ave. at 11:38 a.m. Police said he confronted Salazar-Kantun inside the restaurant, pulled out a gun and shot continuously as she tried to escape.

Salazar-Kantun, 39, of Highland, was seen running outside restaurant, then was seen collapsing by a nearby security guard, police said. She suffered multiple gunshot wounds to her abdomen. Taken to nearby St. Bernardine’s Medical Center, she was pronounced dead. Investigators said she was shot twice in the abdomen, then one more time when she tried to run.

Nelly Chi Salazar-Kantun, deceased victim

Nelly Chi Salazar-Kantun, deceased victim

Witnesses told police that Duquesne drove away in a black Honda Accord. Police located him on Wednesday night, taking him into custody near Waterman Ave. and Mill St., a few miles from where the shooting took place. Police, through investigation, determined where Duquesne was staying in San Bernardino. When they finally confronted him, he admitted to the shootings. Investigators determined the couple had been going through difficulties in their four-year relationship.

Reports are that several witnesses saw the shooting that occurred both inside and outside of the restaurant. Reports are that Duquesne dropped Salazar-Kantun at work earlier in the day, though they had been arguing. Their dispute continued on the telephone and Duquesne returned with a gun. There were no other employees currently on duty at the restaurant at the time of the shooting.

Read More:

Press Enterprise: Suspect arrested in pizzeria slaying

4NBC: Mother of 3 gunned down at Domino’s in San Bernardino

Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Fatal Shooting was last modified: January 14th, 2019 by admin
Categories: San Bernardino

Comments

  1. manny
    manny 5 March, 2014, 20:52

    How do we follow up on this case.

    Thus far, Police states that Pedro admitted to the shooting.

    SB Sun states that on Feb 12 he pleaded Not guilty.

    Isn’t that very controversial?

    Then, there was to be another hearing on Feb 21, I can’t find anyathing on this hearing. Did the SB Sun, ABC, NBC and others drop the ball on any further reports on this case?

    Reply this comment

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.